Plastic surgery involves many choices and ESTEVIP is here to help you embrace those choices with comfort.
Also known as gynecomastia, breast reduction for men is the surgical correction of over-developed or enlarged breasts. It is a common affliction in men of all ages. It can be the result of hormonal changes, heredity conditions, disease or the use of certain medications.
This condition can cause emotional stress and impair self-confidence; as a result some men may even go to the extent of avoiding certain physical activities and intimacy.
Good Candidates for Male Breast Reduction
Gynecomastia surgery is a highly individualized and elective procedure, in which you should have purely for yourself and not to fulfill someone else’s wishes.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You are physically fit.
- You are of normal weight.
- You have realistic expectations.
- Your breast development has stabilized.
- Your condition cannot be corrected through alternative medical treatments.
- You do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can hinder healing.
- You are a non-smoker.
- You are a non-drug user.
- You have a positive outlook and specific goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the risks of male breast reduction?
The decision to have gynecomastia surgery is extremely personal and you have to decide if the benefits will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications are acceptable to you.
Risks may include:
- Undesirable scarring
- Blood clots
- Poor wound healing